How we collect and hold your personal information
In most cases, we collect personal information voluntarily provided by you including information provided in your application and during interviews and the recruitment process. We may also collect information about you from social media sites to which you provide us access or which are publicly accessible, such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Subject to your consent, we may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your health (including any disability) or any criminal record you may have from third parties.
In considering your application, we may also obtain personal information about you from other third parties, such as from your previous employers or nominated referees.
Your application will be considered active for 90 days, after which you must submit a new application.
If you are successful in obtaining employment with KFC, this application and the personal information provided will form part of your employment record.
If you are unsuccessful, the information collected with be kept for a period of 12 months, after which time, it will be destroyed.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information which is reasonably necessary to assess your employment application. In particular, the information collected by KFC will be used solely for any one or more of the following purposes:
- assessing you for a position with us or one of our related entities;
- assessing whether you are suitable to progress to each stage of the recruitment process for a vacant position; and
- storing your information for future employment opportunities.
If you choose not to provide any of the information requested, we may be unable to process your application or properly consider you for employment.
Who we disclose your personal information to
The information you submit may be disclosed to our related companies in the USA and other countries where KFC operates, KFC franchisees in Australia and New Zealand, to referees or previous employers (including any referees or previous employers who may be overseas) and other third parties involved in the recruitment process. We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement to verify whether you have a criminal record and to educational organisations to verify your qualifications.
Companies may be engaged by KFC to perform a variety of functions such as providing technical services for this website or the recruitment process. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. However, these companies may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
KFC reserves the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request.
Security of your personal information
KFC takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. Access to your personal information at KFC is restricted to those involved in the recruitment and employment process.
You may also contact us at:
The Privacy Officer
Kentucky Fried Chicken Pty Ltd
20 Rodborough Road
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
Changes to this statement
We may updated this Privacy Collection Statement from time to time so please review it periodically. Your continued use of our websites or services, making an enquiry or providing further personal information to us indicates your acceptance of this Statement, as amended.
By submitting this application and clicking the "I Agree" button you agree to the following:
- That all the information provided by you is true and complete. You acknowledge that any false or misleading information you provide may lead to rejection of your application, review of any employment offered by KFC and potentially dismissal from such employment.
- You give consent for KFC to contact third parties in order to discuss your suitability for employment with KFC.
- You give consent for KFC to communicate with you via telephone, email and SMS if and when required.
- If successful, you agree to follow rules and regulations of Government authorities and such rules and regulations that Kentucky Fried Chicken Pty Limited may prescribe, to accept wages by debit into your bank account and to the deduction from your pay of the value of any uniforms not returned.
Updated 24 June 2016